Our Story

Why We Are Here...

Trinity Lutheran Church has been placed here by God to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and through the power of the Holy Spirit, to empower and equip God’s people to live Godly lives to the glory of God and the benefit of others.  

All are welcome in our midst. Come join us in worship, we offer a Sunday Worship Service, Sunday School for preschool thru 8th grade and Youth and Adult Bible Studies and a Saturday evening Convergent Worship Service.

Growing Together...

Trinity Lutheran Church’s core values are centered on The Word of God as found in Holy Scripture; Caring for one another; Leadership in our community.  Fellowship and Youth are the missions we carry out daily for the glory of God. Join us in Bible Study and Worship, working together to build the Lord’s Kingdom as we share the joys and sorrows of family.  Learn our church history, written in the lives of our members. All are welcome in our midst, to work with us, grow with us and be an active part of Christ’s ministry in Glenwood, Iowa.

Our History...

Trinity Lutheran Church began July 16, 1944 when a small group gathered for worship at the Raynor Funeral Home in Glenwood, Iowa.  Rev. O.E. Weiss served as preacher and helped organize the group.
In February of 1945, the Rev. Theo Schoewe arrived as a Missionary at Large.  As membership grew, he was called to be the first pastor in May of 1945.  By August of the same year, the congregation was received as a member of the Iowa District West of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.   The charter members were: A.J. Brandt, Carl Buch, William Correll, R.B. Strand and Fred Thieschafer.
The Trinity family grew from 27 souls to 90 in 2 1/2 years.  Pastor Schoewe accepted another call and a new pastor was sought.  Rev. W. Steil was called and served until 1954.  The members desired to build their own building and lots were purchased at Locust and 2nd streets in Glenwood.  In August of 1948 ground was broken and on October 16th of 1949, the completed building was dedicated.
In the years to follow of worship and growth, Trinity was served by the following:  Rev. Paul Sparling from August of 1954-May of 1962; Rev. Del Crockett from January of 1963-December of 1968; Rev. Alvin Newton from August of 1969-January of 1974;  Rev. H. Stahnke (interim), January 1974-March 1975; Rev. W. Childress, April 1975-March 1977; Rev. Laine Mathiason, July 1977-Dec 1987; Rev. Arlyn Sturtz, February 1989-May 1998; Rev. Edwin Williams, vacancy Pastor, June 1998-November 1998; Rev. Charles Ramsey, November 1998-January 2004;  Rev. Cory Eckstrom, vacancy Pastor, February 2004-August 2004; Rev. Dennis Maaske, intentional interim Pastor, September 2004-March 2006; Rev. Robert Lindau, June 2006-August 2010; Rev. Seth Kaiser, August 2010-Present.
In January of 1981 an education wing, expanded sanctuary, offices, kitchen and fellowship hall were added.  The dedication of the present facility was held November 1, 1981.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every  weekend as we gather to worship together at 5:30 pm Saturday Night  and 10 am Sunday Morning.